Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Projects


Carol thought that this tam would be good to sell at the Yarn ball. However, with all the increases and decreases Carol's not so sure she wants to do all that counting. Theresa was gracious enough to model. I think the tam is cute and youthful looking.
I've just finished a baby blanket named Sweet Dreams from the book Tunisian Crochet: the look of knitting with the ease of crocheting by Sharon Hernes Silverman. I used a brushed acrylic that's heavier than the yarn used and a bigger hook. I kept the size the same. The bottom picture shows the Tunisian pattern and the back looks knitted. (other pic). She explains everything in great detail. So I think this is a good buy.
However, if you need visual instruction, Kim Guzman's DVD with Tunisian Lace is excellent.

1 comment:

Sharon Silverman said...

Greetings! Love the pictures of the "Sweet Dreams" blanket. So glad to see the designs from the book being executed so well. If you are on Ravelry, I would love to see these photos on the project page. Thanks for the kind words about my book. Cheers, Sharon Silverman