Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 23, 2010
















As I printed the date for the last meeting, it occurred to me that we are fast coming up on Three Rivers Crochet 5th anniversary. We started out 4 strong in March 2005. A strong core of enthusiasts have remained constant in the group with an ever growing number of new members who have added to its vitality.

I enjoyed crocheting before I joined the group. My goal in joining the group was to challenge myself and grow. I had no idea that this group would exceed my expectations. I believe I am a better crocheter now and even a better person. I honestly regret that every yarn enthusiast out there doesn't have a group of his/her own, too.

As you can see, Roxanne has fulfilled her promise of more pillows for the Yarn Ball. Just as when other items are completed, they'll be stored carefully away until their big day.

Karen has just knitted up some alpaca socks for Highland Alpaca. She has been instrumental in Highland developing new lines of blended yarns, and providing free patterns designed especially for their yarns.

Lyn has just made two crocheted toys. The lamb is so soft and cute! The airplane is from Amugurumi Toys 2. How do cute babies keep getting into pictures with crocheted items?


No comments: