Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Hats!


Can you believe there were more hats to see on the 15th?

I made the blue with gray stripe and the grey/pink/white. I used Paton's Classic Wool. The blue hat is Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS). I started with a rectangle but began decreasing after the grey stripe, so I only had 5 stitches to gather at the top & then seam. The other hat is the classic pattern I give out when we make hats for Guatemala. Hdc and ch across, working the hdc's into the chs in the next row and keep doing that for each row; then gather the top. The ch spaces make it easy to weave the thread and it's not so bulky.

I don't know as much about the other hats. But I can spot a "scoodie" which I believe is a hood with a scarf (or is it the other way around?) I'm sure a kid will wear it with the sides hanging. I remember when I wore things for style. Now it better keep me warm and I'll wear it anyway I like!

Just look at the variations in this entry and the last one. Aren't we lucky to have a hobby that allows for so much creativity?



No comments: