Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Take a Chance

Whenever you get the chance, take a chance! Every spring I love to go to the Three Rivers Quilters show that's now on the Southside. I am always amazed at the beautiful quilts. I walk around with my mouth hanging open; not attractive, but each year I can't believe what the quilters have accomplished.

Every year I also buy chances to win the quilt on the wall. I don't care what the quilt looks like. I would just count myself lucky to own such a wonderful piece of fabric artistry. I'm also thinking that I really want to support this fabulous group.

While at the latest 3RC meeting, my husband called to tell me I had won this year's quilt. Since the quilt was not far away, I ran over to pick it up. (Took Theresa with me, in case my excitement overwhelmed me.) We brought it back to the group, but since it was king size we really couldn't open it up very wide.         So I promised to put up a picture.

This is the quilt on the king size bed. It has a label sewn in that says it is the Three Rivers Quilters 2013 Raffle Quilt. The theme is Tessellations designed and made by Julie Lesko and Joy Gallick. The quilting was done by Kathie Hudak. The person who cuddles under it is me.

Remember, you really ought to take a chance!

No comments: