Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Trying To Organize Myself





I was reading back through the blog to see where I left off. Apparently if you follow the blog, you have no idea what happened with the Yarn Ball! I did send out an email telling everyone to go to the .com to see a slide show. Now I'm telling everyone else I guess.
www.threeriverscrochet.com Sorry I didn't say more at the time. We consider it to be a success, since we were able to raise $2,800 approximately. People chose their charity: either the VA community and hospital or Rwanda Knits. The proceeds were rather evenly split. Some of our members purchased afghans that were offered and then donated them to the VA. What great folks!

At the latest meeting Carol showed off another finished afghan for Linus project. Karen showed us a darling crusher she made for the Guatemala project. Amanda finished up a scarf that was very challenging (you can see a close up of the stitches) and will be a very nice present.

We were snowed out of our last meeting. Road clean up was difficult but everyone was getting around by the next day. We really didn't get blasted like the folks farther East. Well, I guess I finally have myself caught up. Now to enjoy the holidays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.