Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wow, what a response!

Where have I been? Nowhere, just got busy crocheting. Don't think the group hasn't been busy either. They are, too. All of a sudden, there'll be a flurry of info and pix. Isn't that how life (and crochet) goes?

The last post "Knitter's Backlash" got some responses. Seems everyone is taking their CAL or KAL personal.

What you see here is the back of my Aran cardigan being blocked. The second front is almost done and I'll block those two pieces at the same time. When you can compare the pieces and flip them around I discovered that the mock cable pattern has a lot more definition when it is upside down from the pattern's directions and pix. I'm going to leave a postit note in my book about it. It's not that I'm not happy with how the design looks as is; anything can be improved on. Right? 

The Kal may be due for some changes. Becky had a good start on her sweater but the tweedy yarn (which was quite nice) didn't show off the cabling much at all. So she went looking for another pattern since she might have to buy some yarn, too. (Aw, shucks) and she showed Jonathon a pattern she found for a guy (he liked it). The plot thickens or changes or whatever! 

1 comment:

chocolate river alpacas said...

OMG, I have to get my hook out and get busy. I have the back done, but only have a very small portion of the first front. ARGH!!!!!