Saturday, July 5, 2008

Latest Inspirations




We all from time to time bring in books and mags to share.
I brought in Woman's Day Crochet Showcase from 1980 that I found at Half Price Books. I troll casually for vintage books and this is a good place to check out. I have more vintage books that weren't vintage when I bought them. There are good designs in this one and some for Stitchy McYarnpants. Note that old designs are usually only for about 3 sizes, while modern designers take the trouble to size for the rest of us. Crochet comes of age.
Becky brought in Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop. There are funky designs and basic designs; but there are beautiful designs for dreaming about. A great book for sitting and browsing through: crochet for the eyes.
Belle Armoire is for altered clothes enthusiasts. The cover shows a design in knit and crochet (and flair). Always inspirational.

No comments: