Friday, February 24, 2012

Neckwarmers
















Marti made this scarf awhile ago. It's one of the curly scarves designs and turned out nicely and I hope warmly. Sometimes we shy away from yarns with many colors, but look at how pretty all the colors make this scarf, so that it looks far more complicated than it actually was. I love that.

I am wearing a knit cowl, but I didn't knit it! Best kind, right? Actually I won the yarn through the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival from one of the monthly updates. It is Panne from Tahki and is a delighfully soft chenille and I received 6 skeins. It came with a knit pattern for the cowl and a hat. But there was not enough time left with my barely past beginner knitting skills if I wanted to wear it at the festival. So I coerced Theresa (my knitting guru) into knitting the cowl for me. Everyone in the group supported the way I handled my dilemma.

Well, of course, she did a wonderful job. So good, in fact, that since I was donating the remaining yarn for another cowl to be put into our gift sales, Karen said she would purchase it as soon as it was done. That means, with the cowl and 2 knit hats, that Theresa has already raised $85 toward next year's charity gift sales, by using her commission system. They don't pay her; they write a check for one of our two charities.

No comments: