Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wintertime Completions


More projects were finished up now that the holiday demands are over. I'm showing off a lace shawl that I ordered from Annette Petavy. Several people design for her shop now and this design is from Euclat Soleil. I ordered the yarn and pattern for a very reasonable price. I encourage everyone to check out sites besides those in the U.S. You may be surprised.

I started working on the shawl in the summer and just finished up. The design was simple enough to watch tv and crochet at the same time. I did change the edging. The pattern called for a ruffle. But since I was drawn to the very geometricness of the shawl I continued with 3 rows of dc and a final one of sc. It's a wonderful color and design. I felt I did not overblock the design but the shawl is long. Tall members of the group suggested I had made it just for them.

Theresa finished up this Fair Isle hat from a kit that she got while taking a class at Stitches. She's reluctant to show off her work so Chris filled in for her. We all really liked the design. Of course, her work as usual was impeccable.

Theresa also has excellent taste in a choice of yarns and designs. Especially when she picks for me. She picked up this jacket's makings at the Fiesta booth. She was very proud of my master's in advanced stitches and techniques from CGOA. So this is her way of celebrating. Actually, she'll use any excuse to buy yarn. If she buys it for someone else, she's not adding to her stash. I was a very agreeable recipient and the design was from Fiesta and the yarn is La Boheme.

No comments: